So why should health motivate you to get and stay fit? If you don’t know about the many reasons then you must have been living locked inside a box for the last twenty years, but there is no harm in repeating it…
Governments all across the world have been spreading the message that exercise is good for us and that we should all do it regularly, including children and retired people. Even our pets benefit from exercise. Its ESSENTIAL.
So what are the main benefits to our health?
Well… With regular exercise –
- You improve the functioning of your heart, meaning that you are less likely to get high blood pressure, heart disease and more likely to survive a heart attack.
- You will increase the functioning of your immune system.
- You can keep your body weight within a healthy range and also be less likely to develop Type 2 Diabetes.
- People who do have diabetes will find it easier to control their blood sugar levels.
- Levels of good choleterol will increase (and the bad stuff will decrease)
- The speed at which joints degenerate, in people with osteaoarthsitis, will decrease.
- You are much less likely to catch a common cold – yippeee! (I HATE having a cold!)
- Your risk of developing some cancers is reduced.
- It may be possible to reduce the risk of developing Althzeimers disease.
- Your risk of Osteoperosis will be reduced as your bone density loss over time is decreased.
- You reduce the likelihood and severity of Migraines.
- For ladies it may reduce the chance of being infertile.
So you can see that there are sooo many reasons to choose exercise as a way to look after your health. In fact I can’t really think of any reasons not to but if you are not motivated by keeping your body in good health then lets look for other reasons to have fitness motivation…..